WHAT IT IS
Rosewater is fragrant water made through steam distillation of rose petals. Rose flowers that are close to producing seed have petals that are high in vitamin A, vitamin B3, vitamin C, vitamin D and vitamin E when steeped.
Fun Fact: A Persian scientist by the name of Avicenna is credited with the invention of the process of extracting rose water from rose petals in the 11th century, though it is believed that this process dated back to the 7th century.
Rosewater uses include...
- Skin Care
- Medicinal Care
- Religious Uses
- Hair Care
A few benefits of Rosewater include...
- Aids in fighting cancer because it is full of flavanoids that are full of antioxidant and anti-flammatory properties. Rosewater's nutritional value does not necessarily decrease since it is not encountering any high heat.
- Drinking rosewater hydrates and has anti-aging properties for the skin. It helps to reduce wrinkles, lightens dark spots, and tightens pores.
- It also helps alleviate depression and acts as a mood enhancer. (Just the thought of drinking it makes you feel fancy doesn't it? "What would you like to drink?" "Rosewater" lol)
- Relieves fluid retention and helps heal from colds, the flu and sore throats.
- Rosewater aids in stimulating hair growth and nourishing and strengthening the scalp and keeping the hair conditioned. It is also effective in lessening dandruff in the hair as well.
I don't see that there are generally bad side effects of using pure rosewater, but synthetically-made Rosewater or consuming too much rosewater can come with these side effects...
- Skin Irritant
- Digestion Problems
HOW TO USE
There are many ways to use Rosewater including as a
- Skin cleanser and toner
- Moisturizing hair rinse
- Hair spritz
- Drink and Food Flavoring
- Pillow Mist
- Soother for Sunburns
- Room Freshner
SO YOU WANT SOME OF THAT?
Rosewater can be made simply at home and will be 100% pure. Check out some of these videos!
Or check out THIS article
Want to do a little more research? Start at these articles!
Origin of Rosewater
Rosewater - Wikipedia
The Cancer-Fighting Benefits of Rose Water No One Knows About (and how to get them!)
7 Reasons to Drink Rosewater
How to use rose water for skin care, hair care, eye care and beauty care
20 Unusual Uses for Rosewater
Does Drinking Of Rose Water Have Any Side Effects
DIY Homemade Rose Water
But until next time,
♥ Keep calm 'n coily ♥