|Isn't this a cute idea!?|
But, when I was looking up challenges, they were all requiring me to change my nails everyday and I don't have time for that. I did come across a 52 weeks of nail polish challenge but they had started from the beginning of the year and besides, I don't think I'm up for a full year of different ideas lol.
But I DO want to do my nails more often...and see how creative I can get with my nail beds lol. So I'm going to do my own personal "27 Weeks of Nail Polish" that will last from July 1st to December 30th which is a full 27 weeks. Basically, I will be doing this...
- Doing and redoing my nails every Friday, Saturday or Sunday (usually when I have the time)
- Toenails are mandatory in this challenge and must be done whether I just paint them a solid color or choose to design them as well.
- Stay hydrated and drink at least 8 cups of water a day (helps with healthy nails)
- Keeping nails filed and cuticles trimmed as needed
- Start back on my multivitamins
That's really the basics of everything. So last night, I ventured out and got my starting supplies...
- A buffing block
- A cuticle remover/pusher
- Nail Polish Remover (obviously)
- Vasaline (until I get better with painting on my right hand)
- Elf brush (to use with nail polish remover to trim around the cuticles afterwards)
I also...ummm, headed back to Sally's lol. Yes, and splurged a little more. I decided to take a little advantage of that B2G1 sale they had and I promise I'm through.... until next payday that is lol... No, I'm good. I should be able to make a lot of combinations and designs... But these are the new colors I got...
Some more summer colors and a little glitter. And this is my whole starting collection...
And this is my whole little starting collection right now. #NotAshamed
Believe me when I tell you I have a BUNCH of ideas in mind already. I may look up and see what ideas some are doing for those daily challenges and just do some weekly challenges with them... I don't know... we'll see. I'm excited to start...and even more excited to see what I come up with!
So until next time,
♥ Keep it calm 'n coily ♥