Wednesday, March 19, 2014

First Lunar Trim of the Year: Spring Equinox

Honestly, as I was sitting there trimming my ends I just got the slight feeling that this is just a whole bunch of hocus pocus and it's not gonna do anything dramatic.

But, since I'm a sucker for trimming my ends anyway, I figured why not?

I've literally been DYING to trim my ends though, so this was the perfect excuse. (can you tell I have a scissor addiction!?!?? lol)

But this time, I didn't take off nearly as much as I normally do. I literally took off about 1/4 an inch of hair from each braid, possibly even less. As I looked at my hair, my ends were honestly doing pretty well for the most part. A good 90% of my mini braids, were thick and fully coiled at the tip. The other 10% had a few strands that stuck out more and that strayed out more. Didn't notice any splits, didn't notice single strand knots if any I was really checking my ends out this time instead of just going through and hacking away. I paid very close attention to how my ends were.

And they were healthy. They were good and healthy and strong, can't complain. I don't know why I was so paranoid that they were gonna be so much more unhealthier and have more damage. I'm very paranoid of having unhealthy ends again, but I'm glad that my ends showed that they were doing juuuuust fine! lol So I am doing a great job of caring for my hair and I really don't need to be trimming my hair that frequently anymore.

I feel a little more peaceful. lol

Anyways, here's what the braids are looking like. Coming up on two weeks come this Saturday! =}





keep calm
♥ and keep it coily ♥
Mskraizy

No comments:

Post a Comment