I don't think I've given my hair much time to make that much progress, BUT I'm not about to let time slip through my fingertips. And I just know that protective styling for me equals lots of length retention and healthier hair. And for some reason, thicker hair as well.
Today's wash day...well, actually it was another 2-part wash day.
- Protein treatment! Did a protein treatment using Organics Hair Mayonnaise as I normally do. That is a 16 oz jar for $4 and I think I'm gonna need to start buying two at a time. DANG! lol I divided my hair down the middle into halves. In each half, just separated a medium sized section, coated with the conditioner and continued. When one half was covered I twisted it up in a big ol' twist and clipped away and repeated on the other half. Covered over with 3 plastic caps and let it sit for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Wash Time! Of course, hopped in the shower to shampoo with Garnier Fructis' length and strength shampoo. It's become a staple herelately. I use it constantly and will probably repurchase it. I shampooed each half, loose (O____O) lol just squeezing the shampoo through the hair and scrubbing my scalp with the pads of my fingertips. Absolutely NO mushing the hair all everywhere in every direction. Downward motions ya'll, DOWNWARD. lol And then I rinsed. Then I coated with suave naturals strawberry conditioner while I washed the other side.
- Detangling! I detangled in the shower while the strawberry conditioner was still in. I just took down one half of hair, separated a fairly medium sized section, one decent enough to detangle, got my wide tooth comb and held that section underneath the running water and detangled from tips to roots. It went really well, actually! After the section was detangled and rinsed, twisted it up and repeated.
- Deep conditioning! After detangling and rinsing, got out of the shower and mixed up the little remains of my SheScentIt Banana Brulee Deep conditioner along with 6 packs of ORS Replenishing Conditioner (Sally's was so SOLD OUT of the bigger bottles.....orright! WHO'S BEEN HITTIN ME UP!!!!? lol). Took down one twist (had 8 altogether) at a time, soaked in the conditioner and ran through a few times with my denman and then twisted it up. Repeated all over and put on 3 more plastic caps and my satin bonnet and called it a night.
- OVERNIGHT DEEP CONDITIONING! :p
- RINSE! In the sink. Yah.
- Moisturize and Seal!....and scalp massagement...lol Of course, with my garnier fructis sleek and shine leave in and sealed in with my oil mix. The usual. Applied oil to scalp and massaged, the usual. Then I clipped it up and away, no covering it, just to let it airdry a bit.
- Style! After a few hours or so, hair was still pretty damp but not wet. I just went ahead and installed this smedium set of twists using Shea Moisture's Shea Butter Deep Masque Treatment. I also used my denman to detangle each section a bit before I twisted.
- That's it!
And so we're here! lol I'm wanting to keep this set in for about 2 weeks at the least. Now, I know I might get stoned but I'm actually REALLY itching to trim my ends again. O___O" lol I'm gonna do a little trim come March 19, 20 (for the Spring Equinox) and keep on protective styling from then on out. It'll be going into the summer and usually I, like many other people, start getting growth spurts during the hotter months so I must try to retain the most that I can! I would LOVE to get to WL by July or something like that, but I just hope I get there regardless. I'm starting to feel like my length is never gonna budge past MBL....I dunno. We shall see.
♥ and keep it coily ♥