Well for me anyways. lol
And I know I'm like a day late on posting this but I guess I got a little sidetracked yesterday. Oh well, it's just ME anyways. :)
So from now until December 31, 2013 I will be abiding by the rules that I previously posted in the introduction post about it, but for a refresher, I will paste it here (colors and all)...
What I will be doing (or trying to do)
- Minimizing breakage as so as possible (and I think I'm fairly close to possibly eliminating it!)
- Oiling and massaging scalp daily/nightly (I used to be regular with this but it kinda reduced to twice a week)
- Moisturizing DAILY. No excuses!
- Deep conditioning weekly, detangling on dampened hair (not all the way dry, not all the way wet)
Trimming only as neccessary and what IS necessary (and NOT for the sake of just having freshly cut ends)
- PROTECTIVE STYLING. I'm gonna definitely need to crack back down on my protective styling, that's what really works for me and retention.
- No heat. This isn't a fairly big deal for me since I don't use heat anyways...
- Protein treatments once a month. I am finding that this is CRUCIAL to my regimen these days...
Things that I will do that are personal and specific to me and my health will include
- Taking iron tablets (I'm iron deficient)
- Drinking 8 oz of water everyday
- Try and reduce stress as much as possible
- Get in some DAILY EXERCISE!!!
- Try to eat a healthier diet (though I haven't been that bad I haven't been that good either)
As the weather gets cooler, things will also need to change, so I will probably be doing these as well
- Use butters along with oils to seal hair of moisture
- I may I MAY try deep conditioning twice a week, but it doesn't get THAT cold here down south...
- PROTECTIVE STYLE.
- When I wear hats, always wear satin bonnet underneath them. I do this anyways but hey, just a reminder. :)
- More hot oil treatments as well (done with my oil mix of avocado and castor oil)
Yeah that was pretty much it. I have put a strike through a couple of items, things that are not of big importance anymore. During this challenge as I stated before I will be doing...
NO LENGTH CHECKS
I plan on trying to retain everything I grow for these next 6 months so I can see where I will be by the end of the year. And no, I wasn't gonna leave you guys hanging without an official length checking...
As you can see, I am back to the length I was in my earlier June length check (that was taken two WEEKS ago!!).Don't believe me? See the comparison.
I am surprised myself that my hair got back to this length in such a short amount of time. It only makes me even more excited as to how long it will be in the next 6 months. My goal?
But we'll just have to wait and see now won't we? ;)
~ Keep Calm'n Coily ~