So after my last week of twists, I did not come out of those bad boys until wash day. Seriously. And then wash day went...wash day was okay but I'm seriously having a battle with the possible idea of what are causing these little broken strands I keep seeing. And I think I may have a cinch.
Could it be the products that I'm using? That's really the only thing I'm down to. It could very well be my beloved garnier sleek and shine leave in. I can't really afford anything fancy (or online for that matter) right now so I think what I'm gonna do is go back to moisturizing with water and sealing in with an oil and/or butter. Just for now just to see what's gonna happen.
But anyways, besides that, wash day went pretty well. It went a little something like this:
- Sectioned hair into 6 sections (3 on each side) and clipped them up and out of the way. Started from the back and misted with water (trying to eliminate product one by one to see who is the REAL culprit....*_*) and then applied my ORS Replenishing Deep Conditioner to my hair and then proceeded to finger detangle. Repeated for entire head.
- Placed over two plastic caps and a bonnet and let sit for all of 2 or 3 hours.
- Rinsed and shampooed with Suave's Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo, and conditioned with a cheapie Suave Naturals conditioner. Then rinsed.
- Moisturized with garnier sleek and shine leave in (started noticing some breakage here as well) and sealed with my oil mix. Then applied oil to my scalp and massaged it in as usual.
- Covered hair with satin bonnet and let airdry.
Haaa, if it is my faithful garnier....I don't know what I'm gonna do. If it is BOTH my garnier AND ors, I'm reeeeaaaallly gonna be mad at my hair. lol But I'll change up and probably go back to making my homemade products again and see how that fares out. I used to just moisturize with water and seal with an oil....maybe I'll go back to that? I just always figured maybe my hair needed a leave in but...I mean Naptural85 gets by without all that extra stuff so lets just try it once more eh?
But anyways, until next time...
~ Keep Calm'n Coily....and free of little broken strands...~